Thursday 28 September 2017

My favourite art books


A while back artist Sherrie York posted about her book collection and it got me to thinking about my favourites, how they had changed over the years and about the ones that I keep referring back to like old friends. Back in 2011 I wrote this post about 10 of my favourite art books. Those are all still 'up there' but there have been quite a few additions especially as I have explored new techniques in printmaking.


Some favourite books  photograph ©2011 LisaLeQuelenec


I have put together a Pinterest board of favourite books  if anyone is interested in having a peek along my bookshelves virtually. Maybe you will find something that would interest you to check out at your local library next time you visit.

Would you like to share your favourite books in the comments? I would be interested in knowing what you recommend after all you can never have too many books ;o)


4 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Fantastic art book list on your Pinterest
Thank you. I feel motivated after seeing your list, to begin building an art book collection.

Judy said...

Great collection on Pinterest. I recognise a few of them!

RH Carpenter said...

I have too many art books to list but I think some of my favorites are the 3 by Shirley Trevena and the 2 by Hazel Soan + all of the books my Mary Whyte (which are not all about technique but show off her own portraits). That's about 10 right there :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Maywyn, I am finding it inspiring just looking at the covers when I am away from home. Useful too to see the wishlist ones on my phone when I am in a bookshop or at the library. I wish I had thought of it before. Which book is your go to one for inspiration?

Hi Judy, I think our bookshelves probably have quite a bit in common ;o)

Hi Rhonda, I hadn't heard of Mary Whyte before. I had a quick google and her command of tonal contrasts is exquisite and yet so sensitively done. I will search out some more of her work to have a closer look. Thank you for the heads up!