Thursday 23 February 2017

Deeper through the forest



Deeper through the Forest   mixed media diptych  19x28cm each   ©2017Lisa Le Quelenec




Thinking about hard and soft, lost and found edges using pencil, oil pastel resist, watersoluble pencils, inks, and new to me pigments from Daniel Smith - sodalite genuine and lunar black. These two are fast becoming favourite colours. I love, love, love the soft inky denim of the sodalite.

I might leave this as it is or work into it again at a later date....it may even be the starting point for something else. The half term week has thrown me off kilter a bit. It's funny how just a few days off work can make you lose your thread. For now back to sketchbooks to find myself again I think.




3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Sodalite genuine - had to look that one up! Lovely, moody - great granulation. And what a perfect title - takes you into the artwork.
"Back to sketchbooks" - the best recommendation!!!
Great post, Lisa.

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful, love the separation of the granulating colors to add even more depth and texture.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Chris, I'm loving this colour and haven't stopped using it yet. I think I made a mistake only getting one tube...


Hi Rhonda, thank you. I think this might be a year of texture and markmaking for me. I'm certainly enjoying it.