Thursday 5 January 2017

Inspiration for 2017


Happy New Year!

We are five days in and plans are afoot for a busy and experimental year. Exciting times are ahead as I have gained time to work now that my little guy has more time at pre-school and I am planning on packing a lot in. I would like to focus this year on markmaking and texture and to be a bit more experimental. Ideas that were sown during printmaking experiments are perculating and although I am unsure quite how they will unfold I think a little more mixing of media may lie in my future.

I have started a project with a series of collages that include printed, drawn and painted elements and words of wisdom and bon mots that I have collected over the years - usually scribbled in sketchbooks and the margins of books. I feel the need for a bit of positive inspiration and good humour after the extremes of 2016 which I confess left me feeling a little dazed and rather powerless.

Anyway, I started with one of my favourite quotes which always makes me smile....




©2017LisaLeQuelenec seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com
From the Inspirational Quotes series ©2017LisaLeQuelenec




The series is available in various formats as reproduction prints and stationery from Redbubble here and I hope to add to it throughout the year.


©2017LisaLeQuelenec seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com
From the Inspirational Quotes series ©2017LisaLeQuelenec



seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com ©2017LisaLeQuelenec
Notebook from the Inspirational Quotes series ©2017LisaLeQuelenec


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

What fun! Absolutely beautiful pieces & love all of the quotes, especially the quote by Jacques Cousteau.

Sounds like an exciting year for you, Lisa! Wishing you success in every creative (& personal) effort throughout the year.

RH Carpenter said...

What a beautiful quote added to your lovely artwork - I spent some time looking at the journals and know I will have to buy one or two for future use (perhaps a birthday present to myself? ha ha)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Chris, thank you! I'm enjoying your 30 in thirty days! Best wishes for a creative year.

Thank you Rhonda, I won't tell if you don't ;o) Best wishes and happy new year.