Thursday 24 November 2016

Sketching and storms


seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com
Postacard sized sketches and explorations  mixed media on paper  ©2016LisaLeQuelenec


Well the storms did arrive here - very heavy rain and high winds in the south caused quite a bit of flooding. A good time to batten down the hatches and continue with some sketchbook work whilst waiting for it to pass. It wasn't yet noon and I turned my lamp on to work. I hadn't noticed that I was gradually getting closer and closer to my work until my face was about six inches from the sketchbook! Now the air has cleared, the sun is shining and I am starting to feel the chill of Winter coming in the air.

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I like your sketches and think you get a lot from them that becomes full paintings or etchings later :). The top reminds me of the sun on water - how you have to squint against the glare on the water :). Like the darkness and mystery of the bottom ones, too.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Oh thank you Rhonda! The squinting - just what I was going for! I hope you feel better soon.

Sadami said...

Your sketches are great! I really enjoy them all. I can feel the heavy rain, a gale/wind and a dramatic movement! Best wishes, Sadami