Thursday 8 September 2016

Summer's whisper



seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com
Summer's Whisper   acrylic on canvas 50x50cm   ©2016LisaLeQuelenec



Summer's Whisper - tonal value check ©2016LisaLeQuelenec


Inspired by a walk I had during the summer on a long hazy warm beach with just a gentle breeze for company. Very tranquil and relaxing...

It has been some time since I have painted on a larger scale and it was nice to stretch my wings a little. I have included a black and white photo of the finished piece to show the tonal range. I often take photos and convert them to black and white as I paint a piece so that I can check the tonal values as a painting progresses.



This new deep edged box canvas is available on Etsy at Seaside Studios UK.



4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

So beautiful, lyrical and serene :) I want to be on that beach far from t.v. and news and other stressors of life. You've taken us to a very nice place to visit :)

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Lisa- one word describes this work-beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Hugs!

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Lisa- one word describes this work-beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you very much. There has been so much on the news lately that I feel the need to get away from. I really wish there was a happy news channel to hear about all the good stuff going on in the world.

Thank you Deborah - much appreciated!