Monday 18 April 2016

Along the Jurassic coast path



seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com
The Wind Whistled   etching   3.2x10cm   ©2016Lisa Le Quelenec
The Jurassic coast footpath covers 95 miles of beautiful scenery, stretching from Exmouth in Devon to Old Harry Rocks in Dorset. It is England’s first natural UNESCO World Heritage Site and if you have the chance to visit it you will soon see why.

This little etching is from a sketch, a first response, made years ago on one of my first visits. I was struck by the patterns of the fence posts disappearing and leading on through sections of the path. It's not the usual impression people leave with, it doesn't have the iconic romanticism of Durdle Door or Lulworth Cove or any of the other beautiful spots along this bit of coastline. I think it made an impression on me for being so ordinary and overlooked. I liked the pattern it made in the landscape.



This etching is available for purchase here.

2 comments:

Caroline Simmill said...

That sounds like a nice long walk Lisa! I know Exmouth as my parents retired to Devon and I visited there a great deal. I like the idea of your drawing of the fence posts going off into the distance, the portrait format is nice too. Love the title! Lovely work.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Indeed! A bit much for all in one go ;o) I have in-laws in Exmouth, it's a lovely place and a nice stretch of coastline too.

Thank you about the etching, best wishes.