Thursday 3 September 2015

Spots! A feather drypoint



Spots!   drypoint with watercolour   plate size 3.5x7.5cm   ©2015LisaLeQuelenec


I rather enjoyed working on a mini plate even though it was hard on the eyes and hands. The plate was printed onto HOT PRESS watercolour paper and then I have mounted each print onto a piece of handmade paper (approx 11x15cm) for a contrast in texture. I'm not sure which way around I prefer the image to go, I think it works both ways.

Available individually at my Etsy shop Seasidestudiosuk

3 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Lisa!... Very skillfully executed... and presented! First class really!

My favourite version is the middle one with the sort of sepia tone.... I like the warmness.

I think that the feather can "float" either up or down... but I like the upward version best... just a preference!

Good Painting and Printing!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

RH Carpenter said...

I like these whether they are floating up or down :) The spots must have been the devil to keep right!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Bruce, thank you. I gravitate toward the warmer colours too, especially this time of year as the autumn chill starts ;o)

Thanks Rhonda, the spots were a pain! I was glad it was only a small plate lol. (Your print should be with you very soon.)