Wednesday 8 July 2015

Watercolour summer storms


Last week we were treated to the most fantastic light show during a thunderstorm. I can't remember a storm with so much lightening. It was very loud and very bright and lasted quite a long time. Luckily Prince Twinkle toes slept all the way through it.

The build up to it had started in the afternoon and had inspired these tiny paintings which I have now listed in my Etsy shop.




Storm building I   watercolour 6x9cm ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec





Storm building II   watercolour 6.5x8.5cm ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec





Storm building III   watercolour 6x9cm ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec
Storm building IV   watercolour 6x9cm ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec







3 comments:

Helen K. Beacham Fine Art said...

Nice! I can feel the tension in the air and can only imagine the scene in real life! We get lots of such storms on summer afternoons here in the South so I can certainly relate.

RH Carpenter said...

Lightning storms scare me but the clouds of a stormy day are gorgeous and you've captured them - and the sense of tension - in them so well! Have a sunny day today :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Helen, thank you for visiting. I love storms and this one was a whopper!

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I think I get too excited by the shapes and colours and anticipation of the next bolt so I forget to be scared. I'm sure I would be if I thought about it but I get too caught up in the moment. It's nice and sunny today!