Wednesday 19 December 2012

Beach Life - a triptych



Beach Life       50.5x21.5cm mounted       ©2012LisaLeQuelenec

I love painting these little watercolour studies. I was thinking about framing and ways of presenting them for exhibition and thought I would try them out in a mount as a triptych. Usually I paint these studies on  Khadi  handmade paper but these were on a different paper (not sure which but it is more like a usual watercolour paper) I quite like seeing them as a collection but what do you think?

5 comments:

Vandy said...

Absolutely beautiful. And yes, I agree, they do look fantastic displayed like this.

RH Carpenter said...

I love seeing them displayed this way! If I could, I would fill my home with seashells and starfish and paintings of mermaids - and I don't live anywhere near the sea! ha ha

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Lisa!... A nice change from the individual studies! All work harmoniously to create a lovely, crisp feeling of the seashore!

A great idea!

Goopd Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Silly Little Sheep said...

They look great!! I would definitely put this into my home! I love beachy things :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Vandy :o)

Hi Rhonda, thanks. My home does have wee bit of a resemblance to a beach. With the New Forest not far away there's often leaves, pine cones, acorns, bits of tree bark and 'stuff' too. I'm lucky to have both on my doorstep.

Good morning Bruce. Thank you!

Thank you Veronika :o)