Wednesday 10 October 2012

Getting ready for the Kaleidoscope show at Highcliffe Castle



Elemental I - VI   mixed media 9x9cm images   ©2012 Lisa Le Quelenec


All framed and ready to go to the Kaleidoscope Exhibition at Highcliffe Castle. I've framed these little works with stand backs so that they can be displayed on a shelf or hung on a wall. I've found this to be a popular way of displaying these small scale works. I spent a large chunk of yesterday at the framers,  Coastline Arts,  ordering mounts and some last minute framing. (Thank you guys, you really are stars!). I will also be exhibiting some larger pieces and a selection of unframed, mounted paintings.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the work by the other artists. The Castle gallery is a beautiful space to exhibit and once your eyes have been tempted by the beautiful art and craft you could then pop across to the lovely tea rooms to be tempted by fare of a different kind :o) . This exhibition runs from 24th October - 23rd December.

6 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Lisa!... A real bevy of beautiful works... all handsomely framed!

Good luck with your exhibition! Sounds as if you have created a nice mix for potential clients!

Good Painting... and many sales1
Warmest regards,
Bruce

loriann signori said...

They look lovely Lisa!
Best wishes with your show.

Caroline Simmill said...

Hi Lisa I finally made it back here to the library and have been enjoying looking back over your artwork here on your blog, those wee gems are a very nice idea and the framing really sets them off beautifully. I like the sketch book inspirations and ideas, all very nice idea, all the best with the exhibition wish I could be there to see them for real.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Bruce - fingers crossed!

Thanks Loriann.

Hi Caroline, with the stormy grey skies we have been having I have been thinking of you. Are you painting up a storm too? I hope you can get back to blogging soon. Thank you about the work.

Unknown said...

hope to get along and see your exhibition, love your work,
shepbh6
RuffdogArt

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Shep, thank you. Let me know what you think.