Wednesday 1 August 2012

Waiting II

Waiting II acrylic on paper 16x26cm ©2012 Lisa Le Quelenec


I finished the partner to my previous posts painting over the weekend. Both are now double mounted in a textured white board and available in my Etsy gallery  here .  In the coming months I think there will be more Venetian paintings. I see these as a continuation of the themes in my work - light on water, spatial and quiet contemplative depth - just maybe a new arm.


An artist whose work I admire who often talks of working from memory is Loriann Signori. Her latest post here on working in a series very eloquently and succinctly describes the power of producing a body of work in this way. You can see very clearly from her new  website  the themes and relationships running through her work.




3 comments:

zz said...

Love the reflections with this one Lisa. A delightful painting !

loriann signori said...

Hi Lisa! You KNOW and love water and it shows in these stunning paintings. I am honored by the mention of my work and sites. Thanks!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Carole, thank you!

Loriann thank you, I feel like I'm just getting aquainted with water - it keeps changing.
You are most welcome :o) Your new website is the biz! I've fallen in love with 'Offering'. It's such a beautiful painting.